Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Little Bit at a Time

Tuesday

A Little Bit at a Time

 If you love learning, you love the discipline that goes with it— how shortsighted to refuse correction!
Proverbs 12:1

I thought I was a hard worker, until I met my husband.  We would start a job together. I would look at the enormity of it and declare, “There is no way we can do this!”  “Just a little bit at a time” he would say.  I would be amazed at what we could accomplish just a little bit at a time.  The first job was the floor for a kennel for our dogs.  We poured the first bag of concrete and it seemed to just barely make a difference on the dirt floor of the kennel.   Eventually though, as we just kept working, the floor was complete.

We’ve done so many seemingly impossibly jobs together, so  now, I have no problem getting started.  I know that soon, we will have made a lot of progress on the task. 

This has to be your attitude in tackling the negativity in your head, just a little bit at a time.  One word at a time.  One second at a time.

How?

God.

Prayer.

Diligence.

Desire.

You’ve got to decide that you want to change.  You have to realize that it IS possible.  You have to try.

Dear Lord, please give me the desire to make changes in my thinking.  Help me to destroy the old tapes in my head and replace them with new ones. 
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment